World Teacher Day 2019 - Food for thought
Saturday Oct. 5th was World Teacher Day 2019 with a themeI find especially important,
"Young Teachers: The Future of the Profession". Monday the 7th is the official recognition date in Paris. In these days of such vitriolic partisanship on what seems to be almost every conceivable topic, I think it is even more vital to support education regardless of where you may find yourself. I believe education and an inquisitive and informed populace to be the heart of any successfully functioning democracy. The ability to have informed and civil conversations about what is important to each of us, respecting our differences, and recognizing our commonality is essential. So here are a few links to better understand World Teacher Day 2019....
"Young Teachers: The Future of the Profession". Monday the 7th is the official recognition date in Paris. In these days of such vitriolic partisanship on what seems to be almost every conceivable topic, I think it is even more vital to support education regardless of where you may find yourself. I believe education and an inquisitive and informed populace to be the heart of any successfully functioning democracy. The ability to have informed and civil conversations about what is important to each of us, respecting our differences, and recognizing our commonality is essential. So here are a few links to better understand World Teacher Day 2019....
For more information see the UNESCO Concept page-
https://en.unesco.org/sites/default/files/wtd-2019-concept-note-en.pdf
and World Teacher Day 2019 Facts -
And the current conundrum playing outside the Washington Beltway....
Comments
Post a Comment